The Wichita Dietetic Association (WDA) is an organization of Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians with expertise and interest in improving the health of the greater Wichita area. The Wichita District is located in South Central Kansas and composed of 11 counties including Barber, Butler, Cowley, Harper, Harvey, Kingman, Pratt, Reno, Sedgwick, Stafford and Sumner counties. The organization is made up of The Nutrition Experts and are the source of the latest and factual food and nutrition information.
Join WDA! – Membership Application to become a WDA member.
WDA Executive Board contacts:
- President: Morgan Hook
- President-Elect: Tammi Krier
- Past President Advisor: Diane Greenleaf-Kisner
- Secretary: Charlotte Buchanan
- Treasurer: Erica Graham
- CPI Chair: Ann Marie DeJong
- Nominating Committee Chair: Sara Sawer
- Nominating Committee and Volunteers: Lacey Ireton, Cassandra Bumsted, Nicole Rollins
Open Board Positions:
WDA is looking for volunteers to serve on the board for the 2018-2019 year. Please see the openings and a short description below.
- President-Elect: Serve one year supporting the President and then serve as the President the following year.
- Treasurer: Maintains custody of all funds and financial records; formulates the annual budget for the following year with board input; and reports financial status at meetings.
- Secretary: Records and distributes minutes. Maintains permanent files of the association and creates and maintains an electronic directory.
- CPI: seeks approval for meeting CEU’s.
- Nominating Committee: Recruits qualified individuals to be placed on the ballot for board positions the following year and recruits nominations for association awards.
If interested, please email Sara Sawer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 16th.
Save the Date for the WDA Fall Social
When: Thursday, September 13th
Time: 5- 7 p.m.
Where: Central Standard Brewing
Cost: FREE for WDA members
If anyone has questions or comments, feel free to contact Morgan Hook at WDA@eatrightks.org