Your membership in KSAND is complimentary if you are a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics! You receive two memberships for the price of one.
If you haven’t joined the Academy, now is the time! Click HERE to register online. Be sure to mark Kansas as your state affiliate. If you mark a different state affiliate, then you can still become a Supporter Member of KSAND. Click HERE for information on our Supporter Membership.
If you are a member of the Academy, but are not receiving any communications from KSAND, please check your Profile at the the Academy website and ensure you have selected Kansas as your state affiliate.
If it is not and you want to change it, click on the the Academy Payments button at the top of the page. This will bring up a page where you can select Kansas as your affiliate state. Or you can call the Academy at 1.800.877.1600, ext. 5000 and verify your profile information and state affiliation with the Member Service Center.
KSAND receives the majority of its funding from the rebate provided by the Academy to the affiliate from the Academy membership dues. If all registered dietitians in Kansas were Academy members, then KSAND would be able to offer even more member benefits. So members, please invite your colleagues to join the Academy/KSAND. Take the challenge and recruit Kansas dietitians to become active members of KSAND. Together, we can make a difference.
Check out these Academy/KSAND member resources that help you:
- Access over 50 free CPEUs annually in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Food & Nutrition Magazine®
- Find professional liability insurance discounts through the Academy’s Member Advantage Program
- Discover the best, most relevand nutrition research for free through the online Evidence Analysis Library® (EAL®)
- Receive preferred pricing on Academy publications and subscriptions
Advance Your Career
- Learn average dietitian and technician salaries by area, job function and education with the 2015 Compensation and Benefits Survey of the Dietetics Profession
- Gain specific practice area knowledge through dietetic practice group (DPG) memberships
- Determine and demonstrate your skills to the public and employers using the Academy’s Scope of Practice tools
- Apply to become a Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (FAND) to showcase your commitment to the field and organization
- Find local and current position openings on the KSAND Job Bank
- Stay informed and earn CEU’s through conferences, workshop and teleseminars. Check the Calendar of events.
- Connect with Kansas dietitians sharing information, skills and experience. To join the KSAND listserve, e-mail Dr. Deborah Canter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring Technology to Your Practice
- The eatright eReader app provides mobile access to Academy pocket guides, counseling kits and practice manuals
- Online communities, such as the Reimbursement Online Community, allow Academy members to share ideas and ask questions
- Use the Nutrition Care Manual® product line to customize printable client education materials and menus
- Get up-to-date Academy info via Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube